Mission: The mission of the Medical Research Junior Board Foundation (“MRJBF”) is to support pediatric medical research being conducted at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago and the Children’s Hospital of Chicago Research Center.
Events Benefiting Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago: The MRJBF has hosted many well-attended social and educational events in the Chicago metropolitan area to help raise significant funds for research. Our Annual Spring Event, various special events, and our signature Cocktails for a Cause Event (CFC) attended by 600 people combined to raise over $100,000 in 2012.
Board Members: The MRJBF has 65 members consisting of young professionals in the Chicago metropolitan area, ranging in age from 22 to the mid 30s. The MRJBF meets one Tuesday a month.
**Board members have the opportunity to join different types of committees and become leaders within each one. Check out all of the current committees here.
Application Process: If you are interested in becoming a board member of the MRJBF, please contact us at email@example.com for more information and to be added to the prospective members list.
1. Pay Annual Dues (currently $90)
2. Purchase one ticket to Spring Event and one ticket to Cocktails for a Cause
3. Sell a minimum of 5 tickets to Cocktails for a Cause and 3 tickets to the Spring Event
4. Procure auction donations (with an aggregate fair market value of at least $500)
5. Provide at least 15 appropriate contacts for the MRJBF Mailing List by the end of January and
6. Provide at least 1 corporate contact for the Corporate Solicitations Database by the end of January
7. Attend and participate in at least 9 of 12 Board meetings
8. Raise at least $100 in monetary contributions exclusive of any other expected contributions.
9. Actively participate in a Standing Committee (assignments to be made at the first Board meeting of
10. Volunteer at Cocktails for a Cause and Spring Event